Hey there spuddies!
My name is Carla, welcome to my website!
I’ve been into vegetarianism & veganism for over 15 years.
It all started when I was 13 years old (in 1998), browsing the web and coming across an essay by a member of a band I liked, about veganism. That day, I became a vegetarian. By 18, after an exchange year in the US, I became a vegan (this was 2003). I was a vegan for 5 years. And I loved it. But in all honesty, I didn’t have a clue what I was doing nutrition wise. After a couple of years, this started showing. I was battling depression and nutritional deficiencies. And went back to (mostly) vegetarian for a couple of years.
Around 2011 I started easing back into plant-based eating via my new found interest in raw foods, I only ate a bit of dairy here and there. With the beginning of 2013, I dove back into veganism full on. This time, doing it right. The past couple of years I have spent a lot of time learning about plant-based nutrition and all the different aspects of veganism.
In that time I have come across many, many people that are just starting out on the vegan lifestyle and are having so many questions and concerns. With Spudlicious, I want to help people new to this lifestyle. I plan on launching an online course that will teach you all the basics. You will also find recipes, food inspiration and general opinion pieces on this blog.
A little more personal information about me:
- I’ve been working at a bar collective since 2011, and I love it!
- I used to own & run a vegan juice and smoothie bar
- I love tattoos & being part of the DIY punk & hardcore scene (which includes setting up local shows)
- I like to speak my mind on these topics, so expect raw opinions and the odd curse word
- I have a bachelor’s & master’s degree (though I have never worked in those fields)